Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Also...

It's amazing what can happen in a day after a post...
The doc called, and I'm strep B negative (yay, no antibiotics).
Then, the adoption homestudy lady (Kareen) came over and did our interview. It went surprisingly well (and we got to talk about all the cute things regarding how we met, etc) and only took a little bit more than an hour. She actually said "I don't know how people fail these things," so I feel pretty good about it. The remaining adoption stuff goes like this:
have Beans, have doctor fill out medical form, mail medical form to Kareen, Kareen submits report to Laura the Lawyer, Laura files the paperwork and applies for a court date. ~5 weeks later, we appear before a judge and he/she approves Anne's adoption of Beans. A new birth certificate is issued with both our names as parents, as well as all the legal/financial protections and responsibilities that come with it. YAY!

This morning, Beans did not wake up with me. Usually I wake up, have to pee, and while I lay there dozing for a few minutes, Beans wakes up and does the roll. This morning he was still as a stone all through the morning routine, even through the first sips of hot coffee. I was starting to get nervous when it was time to wake Anne up. I snugged into bed so that Beans was up against her back, and cuddled for a few minutes. Apparently that is what Beans wanted, because he woke up and started doing his lazy stretches, all nice and warm between his Mommas. :) It was awesome, and Anne got a kick out of it. The moments where she gets to really feel him (other than a quick kick here and there) are really nice for all of us.

Picture from Football Sunday with Kathy, Steve, Stephanie, and Kieran!

Ok, enough warm and fuzzy. Back to work!

No comments: