Well, we've reached our first real hurdle when it comes to baby stuff.
Here's the background. We got a crib from a friend when they moved last year. It's large and old, and a drop-rail, but is in perfect working order and... free. It just needs a mattress. We also have a small bureau that is too low to the ground to make a good changing table. But we have it already, so it's "Free."
I am obsessed with looking up cribs that turn into toddler and then full beds. Also, many of them come as packages with matching dressers. They are not free.
While I don't "like" the crib and the dresser that we have... should I just suck it up and save the $$ now? We'll have to invest in a bed and a larger dresser/armoire later. Anne says yes. The furniture store people say that many folks aren't actually turning the cribs into full beds and end up buying full-sized beds new.
I see the logic, but still want shiny new baby stuff. hehehe.
1 comment:
Go with free. You don't "need" a toddler bed (rails on a twin works just fine. Growing up my parents never bought me a matching bedroom set I had hand me down furniture my entire life (even now, probably why I can't wait to buy myself bedroom furniture). You also don't "need" a changing table.
Post a Comment