Here is a public service announcement.
We recently switched from Comcast to DirecTV to save money. When the initial technician came to the house, he said he couldn't mount the dish anywhere because there was a tree in the way of the signal. Ok, no problem. I rescheduled the install and had the tree cut down (we didn't like that tree anyway). I had scheduled the appointment for the 20th, but the tree was cut down on the 16th, so I call to reschedule and they're like "SURE! we'll do it on the 19th!"
So Monday the technician comes out, installs the stuff (with no comment about any other interfering branches), and all the receivers work fine. Yesterday morning: tv works. Last night: no TV. it says "searching for satellite signal" on all the receivers. Yesterday was about 50 degrees and sunny, with no wind. I check the cable connections. I reset the boxes... well, I try to reset the boxes, but the first thing the boxes do is try to connect to the satellite, so now they all say "0% complete." I also kept a box as a control- I haven't touched it other than to check it's cable connection. I climb up onto the roof and check to make sure the satellite isn't loose, or the wire frayed, etc. Everything seems FINE. But still, all of a sudden, my dish won't talk to the satellite.
Looks like i'm going to have to call customer service. Go through the idiotic automated system and finally get a technician. He says "the first available technician appt is Tues 1-/27 from 12-4." WHAT?!?! I had TV for 3.5 days. And now you want me to wait 6 days to have it again?!!? But... when I was having it installed, you were able to make the appointment SOONER than I had scheduled! He apologizes [*snort*] and assures me that's the first appointment available. That's fine. I called back today and raised a ruckus, and the customer service lady had someone higher up than her call me back and get me a Sunday appointment. Still, that's 4 days without TV for 3.5 days with TV. You'd think that if a brand new customer had these massive issues, they'd WORK WITH ME, a little bit!
ANNOYED. and seriously, stress isn't good for the baby. Cupcakes are, though, and I baked last night. :)
2 comments:
Bigger question! Why are you climbing on roofs!?
Because my center of gravity is still normal, and I'm more monkey-like than Anne... who very graciously held the ladder for me and totally would have caught me if I tumbled! :)
Post a Comment