~traveled to MA for work: i miss the office so much sometimes it almost makes me want to find another office job out here (note: this will likely not happen for several reasons, most importantly that I like my job and the work that i do). I have several thoughts on plans for how to make myself more effective that I will be sharing on my next office visit.
~ got a visit from Beka and crew: a bunch of the kids came out to Vail for a week! I couldn't stay because of deadlines (blech), but I DID get to go up on Sunday for the day, and spent a great day skiing and enjoying the company of Matt, Beka, and her co-worker (I can NOT remember his name, but he was really nice!), and then Cati Knab, Regan, and I cooked dinner... though we forgot the salad, and by the time we remembered it, Regan had hard-boiled his brain with beer and hot tubbing and took 45 minutes to prepare the perfect salads... and he did a wonderful job, i must say! Then, I drove back to Denver (big yawns). Then, Friday, Beka, Matt, Brynna, Elaine, Monica, Tim, and Shakes came down to Denver and went out downtown while I babysat Brynna. Then, they left. :(
~Mom and Dad come visit: Friday, my mom and dad get here! For a whole week!! I can't wait to see them! We ae going to Steamboat Springs for a couple of days, which will be nice and relaxing, i hope. :)
On the dogs: Monkey and Dingbat (aka Jack) are good... Jack is a mess- he eats EVERYTHING, has a limp, and is generally a dumb dumb head. I love him to pieces, but the 80-pound puppy thing is getting old. He's had to go to the vet 4 times since we've got him (1 emergency visit for eating glass), and doggie daycare won't take him back until we get his limp taken care of, which will involve surgery and physical therapy... we're going to have to mortgage the house to pay vet bills before he makes it to adulthood. Monkey, on the other hand, has become the model dog. She follows me around, sits/lays at my feet, comes when I call, goes outside when I say... it's beautiful. The only thing she won't do is stop fighting with Jack when they're outside. They play a little rough sometimes, and none of my commands make them stop and break apart. We're working on that one. :) Check out the before and after picks of Jack.
1 comment:
Puppies are great but I do NOT miss that phase!
Post a Comment