I'm sure this is a common theme in most younger professional's lives. The point where you work your butt off and, instead of being acknowledged for it, you're basically spit on or, at best, ignored, as they pile even MORE demands on you. I am annoyed that after expressing interest in sales and marketing, concern over deadlines, and frustration with equipment, I get more projects, shorter timelines, and get passed over for an opportunity to experience a sales pitch, when I have years of experience in the lab (the company manufactures lab equipment and reagents).
I came back to this company because I felt that there was room to grow and work on building a career with this company. Now, I'm considering beginning the job search again. I can't tell which emotion will prevail- frustration, rage, or disappointment. Right now they're all waring to get to the surface, making me a little schitzo the past couple weeks. Poor Anne.
I'm sure that God has a master plan in all of this for me... He's given me more lessons in patience in the past couple of weeks than usual, that's for sure. I'm thinking this lesson also has something along the lines of being thankful for what you have and remembering that many have it much worse. I will try very hard to remember to act Christian through these next couple of weeks. And speaking of signs, I just got a text from a friend seeing if I wanted to meet up for lunch today. Small blessings to make everything a bit better. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment