So it is 3/4 of the way through Day 2 of full-time telecommuting and here are the highlights:
~ Yes, I get dressed in the morning. We're not talking full office-dress, we're talking jeans and a hoodie, or jeans and a sweater. I will need more jeans (i currently have 1 pair that fits). Why bother getting dressed? It helps me wake up a little more so when I sit down in my office, my body feels like it's awake... without the stress of the driving and the traffic, my body has no real reason to wake up, so getting dressed is the least I can do.
~Boy, is it quiet. I thought to try a day with no noise, save my laptop cooling fan, and I about went crazy. I need noise. That bugged me about my last office. It was always hear-the-crickets quiet, and I'm not a huge fan of wearing headphones for 9 hours a day. So yes, music is happening. Which is nice- I busted out a ton of CDs that Mel gave me years ago, and randomly throw one in my CD player. Until I work up the energy to tackle my iPOD, it will definitely do.
~Eastern vs Mountain time. My poor brain/body is extremely confused. I work 7-3:30 Colorado time. I work 9-5:50 Massachusetts time. So I want to eat lunch around 11:30. Whose 11:30? CLD's or mine? Usually I chose CLD's, which means I'm eating lunch at 9:30. hehe. oops.
~Getting done at 3:30. There's something to be said for getting to work/leaving work early. I've always been a fan. Even when i lived in MA, I worked 7:30-4 (which I began to avoid the commuter traffic... which was a bust...). But in MA, I then had 1+ hours to drive home, arriving around 5:15, get settled, start dinner, eat around 7. Now? I'm done at 3:30, home at 3:30, and can't start dinner for another 2-3 hours because Anne won't be home! :) I am going to begin my exercise regime today. Yay Bowflex! Also, my WiiFit should be in next week (OH YEA!!!!!), so that should also occupy my time. Also on my list of things to do is teach swimming lessons down at the community pool. Classes start in mid-oct, so that will be good.
Random aside: I set up the Wii and Anne and I played MarioKart for almost 2 hours! holy cow! It was very fun. :) I like that it tells you just how much of your life you just wasted playing video games. :)
Ok that about sums up working at home so far. More updates as we progress.
Ed informed me yesterday that I will, indeed, be coming home next week! The countdown begins.
1 comment:
Update! Awesome! :)
I like that Ed has to tell you that you are coming home.
Post a Comment