Well, I have made it through 4 days of telecommuting, and have been surprised by some of the frustrations. The issues are the same as when I was IN the office, but I lack the ability to go browbeat people, which i am finding slightly diminishes my efficacy. Instead, I have any number of phone calls and emails and sometimes people STILL don't get it. Ugh. Oh, and I'm pretty sure the computer i'm hooked up to in MA is older than I am. As I type this sentence, the computer is still haltingly spitting out the last one. Ah well, it's nice to be busy again.
In other news, I have consistently Bowflexed for 3 days in a row! Woo! Yes, everything aches. In particular, my hip adductors, my ankles, and my chest. Ah well. It's the good kind of pain. Next week we will attempt to add swimming to my workout regime, since the rowing on the bowflex is great cardio, but my arms aren't quite ok with pulling me for the length of time I need to make a solid cardio workout. :) Besides, swimming is great for stretching out all your extrememly sore muscles! Every exercise that I do, I'm thinking about ski season. I'm rocking the leg workouts to get strong for nice long ski days, and the arms and abs for pushing myself up when I fall every 2 seconds on the snowboard. The cardio is so that I can function at 12,000 feet above sea level without needing O2. :)
We are also in the market to get Monkey a friend. She is bored out of her mind during the day, and while she spends most of it sleeping, it's really sad to watch her play one-sided catch with her squeaker. hehe. I really want a Bernese Mountain Dog, and am trying to warm Anne up to the idea. She wants a Bijon. WHAT?! yes, well... I will likely win. :) Speaking of crazy Monkey, she also likes to bark incessantly all day. It's driving me BATTY. I just had to go get her and lock her in the house, because someone was in the yard next door (granted, he was weeding right near the fence). Now she's pacing in front of her doggie door looking all sad. Oy.
No comments:
Post a Comment