40 weeks, 3 days
•Total weight gain/loss•
A lot of this better be water weight. That's all I'm sayin...
•Maternity clothes?•
Clothes? Let's try Pajamas. Alicia had to talk me out of going to the grocery store in my slippers ("Yoga pants are ok for pregnant women, but slippers just say trailer trash"), so instead I found Anne's biggest pair of flip-flops and squeezed my piggy feet into them. :)
•Sleep•
What is this "sleep" you speak of? I nap for about 20 to 40 minutes, get up, pee, go back to bed, get comfy, and repeat. ALL. NIGHT. LONG. the problem with these cat naps is that you don't actually get rested, so your body wants to continue going back to bed every hour or so all day long. It's a little like being buzzed... your head is a bit fuzzy and it's hard to care about things for more than a few minutes at a time. :)
•Best moment this week•
Ultrasound to measure amniotic fluid. I get that he's not going to randomly NOT have 10 toes and fingers, and that he's not going to develop cleft palate at 40+ weeks, but it's always good to see! again! still! Also, he's still definitely a boy. hehe. (his fluid levels were fine, btw)
•Movement•
Ha. He plays guitar with my ribs (with his toes...). Also, he kickboxes nightly. Before the non-stress test they gave me really cold grape kool aid and he was definitely a fan. He did NOT like the monitor belts restricting his tummy space, though. He kept moving his butt in order to get it off of him. :)
•Food cravings•
I have developed an aversion to porkchops... but not bacon. I know, totally weird. Anne and I have eaten spicy food every day this week, but i'm saying it's definitely a tall tale that it can bring on labor. I think it only brings on (worse) heartburn.
•Gender•
Boy.
•Labor Signs•
Nope. Today is my official due date, but yesterday at my appt the doc tried REALLY hard to be able to be able to call me 1 cm (OW!), but no. Nothin.
•Belly Button in or out?•
Out.
•What I miss•
clothes that fit. breathing deep. sleep.
•What I am looking forward to•
BABIES! Ok, BABY! preferably mine! preferably soon! :)
•Milestones•
I suppose the due date is a milestone, but since i have decided to boycott it as a complete fantasy arbitrarily picked by sadistic doctors, I shouldn't use it as a milestone here. :) Instead, we'll go with "accomplishments."
Accomplishments include:
- making it to 40 weeks without killing anyone
- still working, since my job does not require me to make public appearances (the monkey robe and slippers might not cut it in the office...)
- completing all of our legal, insurance, and other preregistration paperwork
- finding an AWESOME pediatrician
No comments:
Post a Comment