•How far along?•
29 weeks
•Total weight gain/loss•
I abstain
•Maternity clothes?•
If not maternity, then I'm wearing Anne's clothes, like running pants and t-shirts. :)
•Sleep•
Want. Nap. NOW.
•Best moment this week•
Ok, this sounds terrible... but it was the best moment this week. I woke up last Thurs with blurry vision, and within a couple of hours I had numbness in my right arm, and it felt like something had exploded behind my left eye. I went to the doc, who sent me to the ER to rule out stuff like blood clots with an MRI and to rule out preeclampsia and some other things with blood work. In the meantime, my head was fit to explode and I was tossing my cookies, and the doc said they couldn't give me the headache drugs because of Beans, but NARCOTICS are fine, so long as we don't use them for weeks at a time and straight through birth. hehehe. So I got a shot of diloted. I got relief by not being able to feel my face, and BEANS was like "heck yes!" He spent the afternoon doing slow rolls and gentle arm and leg movements versus the insane kicking dance party that usually happens. He would have made a great hippie. :) Luckily, by the next morning the pain had passed and we're back to Beans sleeping during the day and kicking the crap out of me at night.
•Movement•
Regular, strong movements. Sometimes he sleeps for a long time and I get worried, but he always comes through with a nice push on the pee button.
•Food cravings•
vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup
•Gender•
BOY!
•Labor Signs•
Thankfully, no.
•Belly Button in or out?•
What belly button? It's getting pretty flush.
•What I miss•
being able to bend forward all the way. My belly got in the way when i was trying to clean the bottom of the stove, and i can no longer clean the gutters from the roof.
•What I am looking forward to•
Mom coming to visit and baby shower this weekend!
We start baby classes in a couple of weeks, and then I think we will feel a little better prepared for Beans' arrival.
•Milestones•
Hospital visit?
OTHER NEWS
Jack goes to prison. Stephanie and Jeff told us about this program through the Colorado Dept of Corrections where you drop off your dog, who lives with an inmate and receives intensive training for a minimum of 1 month. It's surprisingly (?) affordable! We still have mixed feelings about this... we would miss Jack terribly for a month, but it would be really good for him to be exposed to a regimented schedule. At the end of the month, we would be trained on his training so that we can continue it at home.
Long story short, I filled out his application, and will wait to hear back from the organizer lady.
Shine a light. We ordered several new windows a couple months ago, and now (finally) have a window of time (pun intended) in which they will be installed. Yay for the first week in November. :) Once the new windows are in, we can finish the nursery! Also, my office window will no longer leak! Good things happening all around.
Car "trouble." I like my Subaru. Really and truly. Roo is very fast, has good gas mileage, and is a nice size. However, it's just not really what we need. I initially thought it was just the transition from the SUV-style Jeep to the more wagon-style Roo, but it turns out it really doesn't make good use of its space. So now I'm becoming obsessed with finding a truck that is better suited to our large (and growing) family. However, since I'm not sure what the best option and value is for us at the present time, I continue my search. Suggestions for comfortably transporting 2 adults, 1 baby and carseat, 2 large breed dogs, and "stuff" (let's say, camping for a weekend) are welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment