Current favorite song (s): Taylor Swift Love Story; Linkin Park Leave Out All the Rest; Kate Voegele Devil in Me
I'm still obsessed with all things Twilight. I still have no idea why, but it makes me happy, so shut it. :)
I've got really painful baby envy. At my sister's graduation party, 4 people (3 younger than me... by years...) were pregnant, and many more had their kids around. I held it together until I found out that yet another friend was expecting. Then I had a little breakdown, culminating with a big long talk with Anne... blah blah details details.
I've been in a really depressed mood for about 6 weeks, a lot of it having to do with babies, and sometimes it's so frustrating that I want to jump off a cliff. Don't worry, I won't. I most fervently wish that I had a male friend that would be willing to make a donation. This would solve sooooooooooooo many problems that arise with an unknown donor- we would like to be able to say to our baby that "This is the man that made it possible for you to exist. We are your parents and we love you, but without his help, we wouldn't have you..." There's a lot of language that we've toyed with in the (always) theoretical discussions on how we would chose to go about discussing it with our child. The donor bank idea is looking like it might have to be the option, but... yikes? Not to mention, there's the whole freeze/thaw part of the process, which decreases efficacy... IVF isn't covered by my insurance and, in looking into it today, costs upwards of $15,000 for BASIC care for 1 round... no implantation guarantee. *sigh* Oops. Shouldn't have talked about it... that gaping hole in my chest is back, and today was the first day that I almost felt good. curses. Oh, and this was going to be a "quick notes" blog. Crap again. Moving on.
The dogs are glad to have us back... they've been nuts all day long just to remind us that they're around, i imagine. Ah well. I missed them too, though I didn't miss the barking and the digging up the yard. :)
Ok, lunch time.
No comments:
Post a Comment